Security Incidents mailing list archives

Which DoS ? [Updated]

From: InouK () IGT NET (Eric LeBlanc)
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 02:10:35 -0400

Hello,

thanks for reponses! but I have ONE reponse explain all:

------
From: "Lee Monamy" <lee.monamy () home com>

I think this may be the superforker DoS attack from www.rootshell.com

Lee

(thanks Lee!)
-----

cracked (customer in IGT.NET (yes, it's a compagny)), use superforker
for crash this server. this account is obsoulivy revoked. It's not a hack,
or rooted.

I tested superforker.c on my test machine, and I have same things in
/tmp.  My box (test machine) crash many times hehe.

but... I have one question: What the workaround for that?

I have one workaround: quota in /tmp, but superforker use the CPU and RAM
100%... result: overloading ressources, and crash.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

Rick