Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Anyone know more about this?

From: matt () INTERADTECHNOLOGY COM (Matt Jacobi)
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:20:09 +1000

It is sub7 under a different name.

http://www.netsec.net/advisory.html

But they are hyping it up as a big collective of hacker armies, more then
likely it is single hackers operating independentaly.
I find it pretty funny how they found out about the trojan themselves, they
claim to have one of their workstations infected.  So, as a security firm, are
they opening attachments or clicking on stuff that good security people
shouldn't?

Matthew Jacobi

Brett Glass wrote:

A company called NETSEC is apparently dropping vague hints that a Trojan
Horse or worm is being deployed with a DoS zombie program as its payload.
I've seen no infornation about such activity on Bugtraq or any other such
list, indicating that the company may be trying to grandstand and/or stage
a publicity stunt rather than engaging in full disclosure.

If an attack really has been planned, this failure to disclose could come
at the expense of sysadmins who would resolve the problem before it
manifests itself.

Anyone have specifics on this? See

http://www.mercurycenter.com/svtech/news/breaking/ap/docs/79855l.htm

--Brett