Security Incidents mailing list archives

please read -- question for hack victims

From: cj () SILICONALLEYREPORTER COM
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:39:49 -0400

I'm a writer for a magazine called "Silicon Alley Reporter" in New York
working on a story about Internet security, and I'm looking for a person (a
system administrator, probably) whose company has been the victim of a
hacker in the last two months.

My goal is to put a human face on this recurring problem, and ideally, I
would like to describe the incident using actual names. I would, however, be
extremely amenable to cloaking the person or company's identity; it's a
device I've used frequently when writing for our sister publication,
"Silicon Alley Daily," and any glance at the clips at that site would prove
it.

Anyway, I hope a match can be made.

Thank you.

C.J. Hughes