Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: New gnutella worm found in the wild.

From: Jeff Palmer <jeff () ISNI NET>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:49:32 -0400

I apologize,    I thought I pasted the URL to the recipe in the original
mailing..
I choose to rename all currently known window executable/dangerous files...
I currently rename .vbs .hta .exe .com .bat .hlp and various others file
extensions...

The url for the html-trap recipe is:
ftp://ftp.rubyriver.com/pub/jhardin/antispam/html-trap.procmail
with much information at:
http://www.wolfenet.com/~jhardin/procmail-security.html

I did not create this recipe,  and I do not take credit for it.

It is very porwerful,  HANDLE WITH CARE! hehe

let me know what you think...

Jeff
jeff () isni net