Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Has anyone else seen/encountered the "VBS.Network" virus? I just did.

From: ebrockway () EARTHLINK NET (Erick Brockway)
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:26:26 -0800

    The only thing I could find at either NAI or SARC was this at NAI:

Virus Profile

Virus Name
VBS/Netlog.worm

Date Added
2/3/00

Virus Characteristics
This is a new Internet-aware VBScript worm. The sample Avert received is
2,429 bytes long. The interesting thing about it is that a person does not
have to manually run a VBScript file, or read an e-mail message to get
infected; it spreads over open network shares.
 more: http://vil.mcafee.com/vil/vbs98477.asp