Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: Dispostion of UPD/137 packets?

From: billp () ROCKETCASH COM (Bill Pennington)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:49:21 -0800

Thanks for the info guys. I guess I should have been a bit clearer. I
know what UDP/137 is for and my firewall drops them silently. I have
been puzzled recently by UDP/137 "floods", one IP address trying UDP/137
over and over again. It just didn't make much sense.

Again my apologies for not being clear in my original post, I was having
an I hate M$ moment. :-)

"Miller, Toby" wrote:

Here is the microsoft link on ports 137-139
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q150/5/43.ASP