Security Incidents mailing list archives

probes for port 27374 (ASP)?

From: Omar Herrera <oherrera () prodigy net mx>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:56:48 -0600

I have been receiving lately probes for TCP port 27374 (ASP: Address
Search Protocol) through my ISP connection (about 6 or 7 since  friday;
two or three a day).

I have never before seen such requests and I'm curious if they could be
related to any new vulnerability or a known Trojan horse.

None of the source addresses seems to be related to another; each source
address sent one probe only and I received requests  in different
addresses assigned dynamically by my ISP at different times, which makes
me think that this probes are being sent to all (or parts) of my ISP
domain.

Anyone else has seen similar requests?

Thank You

Omar Herrera