Security Incidents mailing list archives

!! SCAN TO THE PORT 1243 !!

From: Pavel Lozhkin <pauel () balakovo ru>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:59:24 +0300

I have been taking a scan (at least 4 day from now) from 213.56.36.225
to my net (/24) without any pause.....
I sent a lot of mails to the abuse and technical contacts to this
provider and to his upstream and still have no answer.
Therefore, i getting tired by it and have blocked the net 213.56.0.0/16
by my firewall.
Be advised ! In my opinion - it is net without control and looks like as
some .it and .de and .kr net with clueless persons as a technical staff.

So please remind me - which exploitable service/trojan used 1243 port ?

--
** The hedgehog is a proud bird, he does not fly without kick **

Pauel
System administrator
ICQ UIN 39596913 8990192
Phone (7-84570)-52525
      (7-84570)-40658

Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.