Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: LPRng remote root exploit seen in the wild

From: "malaprop.org" <malaprop () malaprop org>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 18:45:37 -0600

Had also one scan yesterday. Normal IP-order.
Offending machine (UIOWA.EDU) seems to be
offline now.

        As I know several students now attending the University of Iowa I know
the school's dorms are (this week and next) finishing up their ethernet
cabling and going live... I got called to do some TS this last week and
I know they've been going up and down; they're not officially up until
next week. Expect the usual September stuff- bored kids with scanners
and windows boxen with open shares.