Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: scan on TCP/21536

From: Jean-Francois Zwobada <zwobada () FLUXUS NET>
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 19:03:08 +0100

Hello all,

we've seen that quite a lot these days. it seems to be related to some
malfunctionning network device. I'm in touch with a network admin working
for a french ISP and they were looking at some devices (Proxies & other
Network Access servers).

If you concatenate the source and dest ports and convert to ASCII you'll
obtain a "GET " or other things with SSL connections. As if the TCP headers
was overwritten with the data by some caching device or anything like this.

Cheers

JF