Security Incidents mailing list archives

Re: UDP port 2140 ?

From: Wayne Langlois <wayne () DIAMONDCS COM AU>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:59:00 -0000

Alex,

You are being scanned by a hacker using a DeepThroat remote
access trojan client - could be version 1, 2, or 3. The
default server port is UDP 2140, the client binds to UDP
60000. If the said hacker was using a custom-made program,
their port may not be 60000. We have many variants
including Foreplay, WinNuke Extreme Dropper, Winspoofer
Dropper, DarkStar 1.0, DarkStar 1.1, DXBall & TetrisSquare
Droppers, as well as standard versions - 1.0, 2.0, 2.1,
3.0, 3.1, 3.1b. Despite the many variants, it is not a very
commonly used trojan. The DeepThroat homepage (as cited in
the DeepThroat readme.rtf) is http://deept.cjb.net

Kind regards,
wayne () diamondcs com au

Any idea what this port is?  I have seen scans on my whole
class C scanned from port 60000 on 193.230.162.187 and from
193.230.162.250, also source port 2140.

It has happeded some time ago, while I was out of town.
I have looked in the archives and the usual firewall-seen
sites, but no luck.