Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: info reg Zeus bot detection and analysis

From: Michele Zoerb <mzoerb () the41 com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 15:39:07 +0000

Interesting thoughts as I am just starting the same type of project.  I want to get infected by Zeus and perform some
analysis.  I have a closed environment, but didn't think that detecting a virtual environment would be an issue for the
bot.  I will put my VMconverter onto a separate machine and clone from there.

Any tips on how to selectively get infected with Zeus?

Thanks,
Chele