Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: DNS honeypots?

From: Jason Lewis <jlewis () packetnexus com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 17:57:36 -0500

I just figured I'd setup something to log access and see what shows
up.  I wasn't planning on directing traffic to the system.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:48 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 15:00:43 EST, Jason Lewis said:
Anyone have any pointers to dns honeypots or maybe just BIND
configurations that would allow logging of malicious queries without
actually executing them?

Out of curiosity, how do you get traffic directed to the honeypot without
listing it in an NS entry for an SOA?  Give it a hostname like ns1.exampe.com
and hope that works?