Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Support for development Honey clients

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 12:44:16 -0600

On Jan 20, 2007, at 10:42, Carol Overes wrote:

All,

Does the Honeynet Research project also support the development of the
concept of Honeyclients ? If so, does someone know which tools are
supported for development?

We don't have any formal structure for the support of client honeypots (I personally think they are a great idea and I'm excited to see so many options out there). As true for many open source project, the reason is limited resources, we unfortunately can focus only on small number of projects at a time.

Thanks for the list below, this is the best list I've seen for client honeypots, great job!

lance

There are some interesting tools out there, like:

Monkey Spider (under development):
http://honeyblog.org/junkyard/reports/diploma-monkey-spider.pdf

HoneyC:
http://honeyc.sourceforge.net/