Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Port 57572

From: "comandur" <comandur () comandur com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:58:51 -0400

Thanks for the reply, however I don't think that would yeild much since all
I would capture was the syn packet...that information I already have in the
firewall log.
I could go ahead and forward the packets to a box and try to get more data,
but nothing is listening on that port so again, all I would get is the syn
packet.
I was interested in finding out if anyone else was seeing this as well or
knew what if there was a new trojan listening on this port.....if not, I
will do the forwarding and try to setup a generic service to accept the
request and see what it captures.