Honeypots mailing list archives

Problem with Sebek client 3.0.4 and 3.0.3 for Windows

From: "mng3 () libero it" <mng3 () libero it>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 00:39:06 +0200

Hi all,
I have a problem with Sebek client for Windows version 3.0.4 and 3.0.3.
I use Roo hw1.0-189 and the (virtual) honeypot is WinXP Pro sp2, executed with VMware Player (Host OS: WinXP home sp2).

I installed and configured Sebek client on my honeypot, but when I restarted it, the machine shown me a BSOD and, after
a while, it tried to restart itself , but unsuccessful.

So, I restored the latest working configuration of WinXP, and this solved the problem: WinXP started correctly.
However, Sebek client didn't do his job: it didn't send any packet.

Afterward I tried to configure Sebek again, using the "Configuration Wizard" and this time WinXP didn't show any
problem. However, Sebek client still don't work.

I have used both tcpdump and sbk_extract to check the existence of Sebek packets, but I did't find any.

Furthermore I have connected the honeypot with another machine in which there is Ethereal,but the result was the same.

This happen with both version 3.0.4 and version 3.0.3 (of course, I configured the Honeywall correctly).

I will be grateful to everyone that will help me.
Thanks.

Sam