Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd for Windows

From: "Thorsten Holz" <thorsten.holz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:45:18 +0200

On 8/17/06, Biju Thomas <biju.thomas.m () gmail com> wrote:

I am new to Honeypot technology. After reading through honeypot related
literature, I wanted to try some hands-on. I decided to try out honeyd
for Windows. The papers suggested that honeyd for windows can be
downloaded from http://www.securityprofiling.com/honeyd/honeyd.shtml

Honeyd for Windows has not been updated for a long time, the currently
available version is 0.5a. Honeyd for Linux/*BSD is already at version
1.5a. So I would strongly suggest to try the Linux/*BSD version...

However this link seems to be not responding. Is there any other place
from where I can download honeyd for Windows.

You could try http://www.datanerds.net/~mike/binaries/

Cheers,
 Thorsten