Honeypots mailing list archives

honeywall picks up all networks from hub

From: mat <mr () simla colostate edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:39:35 -0600

my honeywall (honeynet.org roo) is picking up all the traffic from my hub, im assuming its because thats how a hub works, but is there any way to stop it. i have two networks set up like this...

internet---hub---honeywall---router---honeynet
                     \---router---home network

i see information on walleye from my home networks IP address. if it is going to log everything from the home network its going to be really hard to sift out the data from just the honeynet... can i stop this somewhere in the software? thanks in advance