Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Sebek options for read/write/listen?

From: "Siles, Raul" <raul.siles () hp com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 10:49:46 +0200

Hi Jon,
as you mentioned, Sebek is limited to specific syscalls (by desing). In order to capture other syscalls you'd require
to change the Sebek code to monitor that too, and of course, this will also affect the Sebek PDU (new values for the
new syscall types would be required).

Although it is not a directly honeynet-related tool, you can keep track of the Windows networking activities through
the TDImon tool from Sysinternals (http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/TdiMon.html). It is not a OS kernel driver,
like Sebek, but gets the info from the Windows TDI interface.

I hope this helps!
Raúl Siles