Honeypots mailing list archives

MODERATOR: New Maillist - Beta Tools

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:22:28 -0500

New maillist. As the field of honeypot technologies is still relatively new, this may be one possible source for developers to test and get feedback on new tools.

lance

Begin forwarded message:

Objective

The primary objective of the Beta-Announce list is to provide the SecurityFocus community access to upcoming security tool and product beta trials. In the same vein it will provide access to tool authors and vendors to announce their beta programs and get valuable feedback from the community which will ultimately use and in some cases, buy, their offerings.

Background

There are an overwhelming number of security tools and products available today. Many, if not most, have limited beta trials because of lack of access to an informed, qualified community. By providing a list such as this we hope to help authors provide stronger offerings to the community and we hope to allow the community an opportunity to stay abreast of the most recent security technologies.

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/141/description