Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Problems capturing sebek win32 3.0.3 traffic on roo honeywall

From: "Truong, Thanh V." <ttruong () mitre org>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:43:56 -0400

Michael,
I have the same problem.  After a little debugging, I found that
pcapheader->caplen is always equal to [(datlen*2) + pkt_head_sz] but in
your "if" statement (in sbk_extract.c) you check to see if
pcapheader->caplen = datlen + pkt_head_sz.  That will fail.  So, it
will complain about the malformed package.

After putting that in, it seems to work fine.  But I haven't fully
tested to see if all functions work.

I'm running sebekd-3.0.3 on Fedora 4.  I hope that and pcap output from
Rich Compton will help you looking into it.

Thanh