Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: RE: search for master of science project topic

From: "gangadhar npk" <phani () myrealbox com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:13:03 +0530

It seems to be a very interesting thought. Correct me if I am wrong in understanding this -
the basic premise is that, once the 'monitor' identifies a process that is not conforming to the usual practice (say
via anamoly detection), it silently transfers the process image to a honeypot - without disruption of anysort and the
process runs within the honeypot (a VM, in all probability).
May be initially one can only take care of the socket connections, and then move to the part of file handles, memmaps
and others.
Was this attempted before - I don't know, hence the question.

Thanks
Gangadhar