Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Recover from Forgotten password of roo

From: "Stejerean, Cosmin" <cosmin () cti depaul edu>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:02:00 -0500

This was discussed in a thread in June and I believe there were plans to add a
Walleye password reset feature to the CLI but I am not sure if that was done.
I included the original email that provided the solution below for
convenience.

Regards,

Cosmin Stejerean

MESSAGE WITH SOLUTION BELOW <<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey guys,

I am pretty sure this is an oversight..  I dont think there is a walleye
passwd reset capability that is in the CLI.  So the work around is...

Walleye authenitcates from the database(schema is located in
/etc/hflowd)  database ==  walleye_users_0_3;

~From the command line do this  as roo or root:

1. mysql walleye_users_0_3 -p
~    - the database passwd should be 'honey'.  (there is no remote
access and its in every script..)

2.  issue "insert into user (firstname, lastname, login_name, password, role)
values('kanga', 'roo', 'bailout', 'honey', 'admin');"

A walleye admin account with userid of 'bailout' will be created.  Log in to
that with passwd of 'honey' and you should then be able to do what you need to
do.

Scott, can open a feature request for a walleye passwd reset feature in the
Dialog interface?

Thanks for the heads up guys,

Edward

END OF MESSAGE WITH SOLUTION <<<<<<<<<<