Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: single honeypot with honeyd

From: Niels Provos <provos () citi umich edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:01:29 -0400

Create a default template that ignores all traffic and then start
Honeyd with the IP range of the DHCP servers.

Niels.

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 10:12:15PM -0000, honeypots () digamma net wrote:
I'm using this simple configuration file:

create routerone
set routerone personality "Cisco 7206 running IOS 11.1(24)"
set routerone default tcp action reset
add routerone tcp port 23 "scripts/router-telnet.pl"

dhcp routerone on eth0 ethernet "made:up:mac:address"

Honeyd acquires an IP from my local DHCP server without any trouble.  But I still need to specify a network address
at the command line, and that's a problem. I only want it to listen on the IP it acquires via DHCP.  Specifying no
network addresses causes Honeyd to respond to EVERY IP on the Internet, taking my whole network offline. (Luckily I
did it after most coworkers had gone home!)

Is there a way around this?