Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: problem with snort

From: Sebastian Garcia <sgarcia () citefa gov ar>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 03:14:17 -0800

I think you are needing BaitnSwitch.

http://baitnswitch.sourceforge.net/

From proyect site:

"Project Definition: The Bait and Switch Honeypot is a multifaceted
attempt to take honeypots out of the shadows of the network security
model and to make them an active participant in system defense. To do
this, we are creating a system that reacts to hostile intrusion attempts
by redirecting all hostile traffic to a honeypot that is partially
mirroring your production system.  Once switched, the would-be hacker is
unknowingly attacking your honeypot instead of the real data and your
clients and/or users still safely accessing the real system. Life goes
on, your data is safe, and you are learning about the bad guy as an
added benefit. The system is based on snort, linux's iproute2,
netfilter, and custom code for now. We plan on adding additional support
in the future if possible."

Cheers.

sebas