Honeypots mailing list archives

MODERATOR: baitcar.com

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 22:01:53 -0500

Okay, executing a little moderator privilege here. This site has nothing to do directly with honeypots. Its about Canadian police using 'bait cars' to catch criminals stealing cars. Its makes for a fun read, if nothing else I highly recommend you check out the poster section, its very creative. However, and of interest to this group, if you did a search-an-replace of the word 'bait car' with 'honeypot' on the website, you would think the site was about honeypots, as the content is almost exactly the same. For example, their explanation of why 'bait cars' are not a form of entrapment could be used word for word for honeypots.

   http://www.baitcar.com

We now return to your regular viewing schedule.

lance