Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Is the honeynet able to be applied in a search engineer company or a compus network

From: Kostas K <acezerocool () yahoo com>
Date: 21 Jan 2005 22:18:06 -0000

Hello,

If you are intending to deploy a honeynet then consider one of the following:
-why deploy a honeynet?
-assessment and evaluation of the data gathered. Basically what are u seeking to examine through this deployment. You
may need a special team to do that job almost everyday.
-Enough disk space (lots of megs when talking about honeynet) + time + effort for something that might not bring the
results that u r looking for.
-A misconfigured honeynet might turn your own guns against you.

Nothing sinister at the moment comes to my mind.

Think about it, i deployed a Honeypot followed by two other hosts (one running snort and the other gathering data). It
took my lots of hours despite the fact being a dissertation

Regards,

Kostas

Is the honeynet able to be applied in a search engineer company or a compus network? Thanks for your concern!