Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Bridging firewalls, honeynet.org rc.firewall, and UML honeypots

From: "no-ctrl" <no-ctrl () hetnet nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:54:14 +0100

Hello,

Unfortunately I run into the same sort of problems. I'm trying to run a UML honeypot on suse 9.1 in bridging mode. But
it doesn't work. I've looked at a couple of howto's, but they are not solving my problems. Can't even find out how to
check if my kernel supports iptables with a bridge or that I need ebtables?!

At this moment i have the bridging at work both to and from the guest, but when I enable iptables, I can only get into
my UML. I would like to go through some logging of Iptables, but... euh. I cannot find it ( I used the firewall.rc from
the honeynet.org site)

Can anybody show me a place were this setup is properly explained (with up to date info)?

Regards,

Luke