Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: problem running the rc.firewall script

From: Alexander Klimov <alserkli () inbox ru>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 14:48:51 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Angel wrote:

I am currently having a problem when I am running the
firewall script.  The error I am getting is as
follows:
# ./rc.firewall
Bad argument `1101'
Try `iptables -h'

1101 is my value for the sebek destination port

Any suggestions.

Open rc.firewall (it is likely to be a shell script) in any text editor as well
as other files included (sourced)  from it and find what arguments it gives to
`iptables' command (`man iptables' or `iptables -h' for list of correct options)
and in which files contain the variables which are used to construct arguments
of iptables. You could try `bash -x ./rc.firewall' to get trace.

Probably, it is also possible to go thru documentation of rc.firewall if such
exists.

--
Regards,
ASK