Honeypots mailing list archives

New Paper - Redirection and Production Honeypots

From: Bob <pelletier57 () yahoo com>
Date: 27 Apr 2004 16:56:01 -0000

Hello,

I am a senior Computer Science major at Norwich University. I posted a project proposal on this list a few months ago
asking for comments and possible ideas concerning production honeypots. I appreciate the feedback I received from the
members of this list. I am glad to announce that my paper is finished and available for viewing.

The paper can be viewed at:

http://www.eruditeaegis.net/papers.php

The paper focuses on how redirection technology can be used to create a production honeypot solution that has many
benefits over the current solutions offered. The proposed solution attempts to employ more than just the deception
methodology to protect critical systems. Feedback is welcome and appreciated. As a side note, I am looking to get this
paper published in a technical journal so any suggestions for such a forum would also be much appreciated. Thanks.

-Bob Pelletier
Norwich University
www.eruditeaegis.net
pelletib () eruditeaegis net