Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Generating fake web pages

From: "Leigh" <hst () iprimus com au>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:11:49 +1000

That is an interesting idea, software which dynamically generates html, content and graphics but seriously, how convincing would it be? If it looked even remotely fake then you may as well throw the whole honeypot idea out the window. I have seen php which generates a body of text that *appears* to be classified or military in nature - but this is a long shot off what you are talking about.

You could always spider an existing (yet relatively unheard of) website and there are lots of utils which do this well, allowing you to run saved webs off your svr. I guess you would have to change the content a little; like the company name, phone numbers, peoples names, logos etc. -but this should save you a bit of time.

----- Original Message ----- From: "sgt_b" <sgt_b () security-forums com>