Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: cant install honeyd on redhat 9

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:42:12 -0400

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 16:00:25 EDT, Niels Provos said:
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 02:25:34PM -0500, JAMIE CRAWFORD wrote:
Attached is the config.log
Thanks for everyones help.

It says that it cannot load the libdnet shared library.  It's an
indication that you did not run ldconfig.  Try running ldconfig
on /usr/local/lib and let me know if that solved your problem.

Might want to add text saying "add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf"
as well - I've seen more than one case where the install script ran
ldconfig but it didn't actually do anything useful because of that....