Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Sebek detection

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:15:16 -0600

Another interesting point: At the cansecwest/core04 conference
(http://www.cansecwest.com/) Lane Spitzner will give a talk entitled
"Why Honeypots suck" Does anyone know what he will talk about? :)

Good question, I haven't exactly figured it out myself. For the past couple of years I've had great fun presenting at CSW on what honeypots can do. I highly recommend CSW, what other security conference has '2nd breakfast' in its lineup? I decided this time around to focus on problems/challenges/issues with honeypots. Some of the content will be based on the Honeypot Challenges paper http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1757. To take honeypots further, we first have to identify the problems holding us back. Also of interest is Laurent Oudot's presentation on "Evil Honeypots: Honeypots That Strike Back". All in all, a highly technical and cutting edge conference I highly recommend.

lance