Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyview

From: John Lyons <john.lyons () heanet ie>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:39:08 +0000

Hi Jason,

We've used it extensively here, unfortunately it doesnt seem to compile with
honeyd-0.8. I've not found an alternative to it just yet, I'm considering
using the snort logs and ACID but we would like our statistics to be based
on honeyd logs rather than snort ones. Karl Hable who developed honeyview helped
me out extensively when I was setting it up ( we were beta testing) but I havent
heard anything from him recently, karl you there ? ;) Want to update honeyview
so we can use it with honeyd-0.8 ? :-)

John

Does anyone have familiarity with Honeyview?  Is it worthwhile to try?  Are there any man pages other than the readme.
-Jason

--
John Lyons              Phone:  +353-1-660-9040
Network Engineer        Fax:    +353-1-660-3666