Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: virtual honeynet

From: "SecurIT Informatique Inc." <securit () iquebec com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:08:47 -0500

Hello.

If your virtual honeynet emulates Windows NT-based OSes, you might want to take a look at ComLog for capturing command prompt sessions, in case the black hat's connection is encrypted. You can find it at http://securit.iquebec.com/. I have other tools avalaible on this site, they are designed at log management and analysis and intrusion detection. They might or might not be useful to you in a honeypot/net environment, but feel free to browse.

Other than that, I'd say that Snort and/or tcpdump is a must. Other people on this list may give you more tools for virtual honeynets, as I have not played with them much yet.

Have fun.

Adam Richard
SécurIT Informatique Inc.