Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: error running rc.firewall

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:51:09 -0500

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 11:23:58 EST, JD said:
Talked with someone who had the same problem a while back and he said the
he never got 2.4.22 to work, nor any other except for 2.4.17...He
recommended dropping back kernel versions which I am in the process of
testing right now...will let you know what happens...thx, jd

Note that there's been a number of security holes patched between .17
and .22, so somebody really needs to see if they can get things fixed for
the .22 and later kernels.  Failing that, make sure your .17 kernel includes
backports of the security patches.

I'd look at it myself, but what time I have available for Linux kernel
hacking is taken up by other 2.6 issues....