Honeypots mailing list archives

the new sebek

From: "Rick S." <rsheppar () midnight ecet vtc edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:30:29 -0400 (EDT)

hello,
just tried out the new sebek (2.1.2) it compiled which was great. But it
doesnt seem to capture anything.

Im just testing it out so I put the sebek.o and the sebek server on the
same machine. I wouldnt think that would matter. Im also running gentoo
and their kernel 2.4.20-gentoo-r6. I know they have about a 1000 patches
for their kernel. In the sebek readme it mentions some kernels that have
been patched for the kmod/ptrace vuln do not work well. I was wondering
if anyone else can confirm this for gentoo or if its just me not
configuring some thing correctly. thanx for your time.

Rick S.