Honeypots mailing list archives

Fw: Iptables - bridging ??

From: "Christos K. Dimitriadis" <Christos.Dimitriadis () expertnet net gr>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:53:26 +0300

Dear all,

A week ago I started building a GenII and I am facing a problem with
iptables. The honeywall is based on a 2.4.10-17 kernel, which I patched,
reconfigured for supporting netfilter in bridging mode and recompiled. I
have 2 interfaces (with no IPs) in the honeywall and my honeypot is
communicating throught the bridge-honeywall with the internal network with
no problems.

The problem is that configuring iptables has no effect to the traffic that
passes through the honeywall (I have tried to drop everything and nothing
happened). The installed version of iptables is 1.2.3 (quite old as the
kernel).

Any ideas? Is there an alternative for testing that iptables works in layer
2?

Thank you in advance,

Christos