Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot and Policy Routing

From: "Alberto Gonzalez" <albertg () cerebro wwjh net>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 19:44:09 -0700

Bait N Switch doesn't do "policy" routing. What we do is mark offending
packets with a 1
and have our custom routing tables route them through a specified
interface if they're marked.
Can you call this 'policy routing?'. So we are routing 'specific'
traffic to our honeypots, instead
of just forwarding all major ports. Hope that helps!

 Cheers,
 Alberto Gonzalez

[1] - http://baitnswitch.sf.net
[2] - http://www.violating.us/projects/baitnswitch/

---
"Success comes to the person who does today, what you are thinking of
doing tomorrow."