Honeypots mailing list archives

my sebek2 did not work

From: Fang Yong <fatb () security zz ha cn>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 00:32:57 -0000

Hi all

I'm a newbie here,plz do me a favor

I've downloaded Sebek-linux-2.0.1 and SebekSniff-2.0.1 source

and extracted the source code and get them compiled successfully in a
redhat 7.3 box,so get a file named sebek-linux-2.0.1-bin.tar

I also extracted it and edited the sebek.sh with right info

#----- sets destination IP for sebek packets
DESTINATION_IP="xx.xx.xx.xx"

#----- sets destination MAC addr for sebek packets
DESTINATION_MAC="00:02:B3:94:58:04"

#----- defines the destination udp port sebek sends to
DESTINATION_PORT=1101

#----- controls what SRC MAC OUIs to hide from users
#----- Only the first 3 octets are evaluated.
FILTER_OUI="00:D0:09"

#----- controls the output interface
INTERFACE="eth0";

then I login another redhat7.3 box and compiled the sebeksniff and run it
like this
./sebeksniff -i eth0 -p 1101 -l /home/me/log

and then do something in the first linux box which installed the
sebek,but the sebeksniff can get any info and find nothing in
the /home/me/log dir :(

I also use tcpdump to capture the udp port 1101,but got nothing the same
Is there anybody faced the same problem the same with I did ?

thanks in advance !!