Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypots: Uses and Features

From: "Gonzalez, Albert" <albert.gonzalez () eds com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:23:15 -0400

IMHO I don't believe logging connections to closed ports is that important,
though it has its usage. I personally would log after a certain threshold is
exceeded, this could catch people knocking hard on certain ports. This would
help various trending sites like incidents.org and or dshield.org. Other
people might have different views as some like knowing everything that is
knocking on the door. Hope that helps!

 Cheers,
 Alberto Gonzalez