Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Dmz single Ip

From: "Michael Anuzis" <michael_anuzis () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:03:59 -0500

You can't have both your firewall and your honeypot accept on port 22. If you want a honeypot accepting on 22, I have to suggest making sshd run on a different port on your firewall. It's not possible to have a real IP and a NAT'd IP both sharing a single port 22.

See the following paper I wrote:
http://www.lucidic.net/whitepapers/manuzis-2-22-2003.html
"Basic Methods of Allowing Access to Your Honeynet"

Michael Anuzis, CCNA
Network Security Consultant
http://www.anuzisnetworking.com
http://www.lucidic.net - The Distributed Honeypot Project