Honeypots mailing list archives

Linux Honeyd Toolkit

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:17:57 -0600 (CST)

As many of you already know, Honeyd is an OpenSource honeypot
designed for the Unix platform.  It has many featues, including
the ability to monitor millions of IP addresses, detect activity
on any UDP or TCP port, OS emulation at the user and kernel
level, create virtual networks, and so on.

Marcus Ranum and I are big fans of Honeyd.  To make it easier for
people to work with and understand this technology,  we took
all the necessary ingrediants together and 'cooked' them up for
you, creating the Linux Honeyd Toolkit.  This toolkit is a ready
to go distribution of Honeyd, with statically precompiled binaries,
configuration files, and startup scripts.  The idea being you just
update the honeyd.conf file to what you want your honeypot to look
like and let her rip.

     http://www.tracking-hackers.com/solutions/

Hope this helps!  As always, feedback appreciated ... :)

--
Lance Spitzner
http://www.tracking-hackers.com