Honeypots mailing list archives

New version of the JAVA based honeypots available.

From: Clinton Smith <security () infosecwest com>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 10:18:08 +0800

Greetings all,

I have just completed some more work in JAVA that I would like to share.
There are two files FTPHONEY.gz and SENDHONEY.gz

They are FTP and SENDMAIL simulators written in JAVA.

The code is pretty shabby but does work.
(caveat on the FTP one: this is a PROTOCOL ONLY emulator -
 It cannot yet send/receive anything, and yes there are cmds missing)

The function for both is simple: see what the baddies are up to.

Each of them is documented (if you can call it that).
If any of you out there are REAL JAVA programmers, and not just a dabbler (like myself)
- feel free to change/improve the code - all I ask is that you include me on the development
loop, so that we can all benefit.

Suggested anti-spammer enhancement:
In order to blackhole, fool the spammer from dumping his load to your honeypot,
the code could be altered (with a bit of work) to allow gated release of the spammers
initial test message. (ie after you had looked at it and released it)

In the meantime - a carefully replayed copy of the spammers message should do the trick :-)

All Flames > /dev/null

For the purposes of order, (and for the preservation of bandwidth)
you can access these files from: http://www.infosecwest.com/resource

Regards,
Clinton