funsec mailing list archives

Re: Windows? NO, Linux and Mac OS X Most Vulnerable Operating System In 2014

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 18:37:05 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Bruce Ediger <bediger () stratigery com> wrote:
On Tue, 24 Feb 2015, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

According to an analysis by the
network and security solutions provider GFI, the top three most
vulnerable operating system are:

Appleā€™s Mac OS X
Apple iOS
Linux kernel

I had to read the email twice to figure this one out, but I believe
I've used enough Kremlinology to decide that GFI isn't selling enough
"network and security solutions" for Macs, iOS devices and Linux boxes.

Yeah, we were wondering about the network based attacks. Its one thing
if you need local access, its entirely another if a remote attacker
can do it.

But maybe local access to sensitive material is a given:
http://www.networkworld.com/article/2886954/security0/low-tech-visual-hacking-successful-nine-times-out-of-10.html