funsec mailing list archives

Global warming causes coal train derailments ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 15:24:06 -0700

... there's irony for you.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sun-kinks-in-railways-join-the-list-of-
climate-change-s-toll

Some decades back I spent time working on the railroad.  (Stop singing in the
back, there [1].)  I don't recall dealing with sun kinks, specifically, but I do recall
some ... *interesting* ... techniques for dealing with replacing track segments
when the space available was too small.

[1] - OK, if you *must* sing, at least make it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsDkmVo2fg4

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and
optimistic. And we'll change the world.                - Jack Layton
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade