funsec mailing list archives

need Securityfocus/Symantec postmaster/listmaster contact

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 13:56:43 -0400

(I'm hoping someone from there is killing their brain cells by
hanging out here!)

There seems to be an issue with delivery from the SF domain/servers
to a couple of mail systems that I run.  (Others seem okay.)  Various
experiments on this side have yielded little insight and no joy, so I'm
looking for a human to work through the problem.  I tried the published
address on the SF site (listadmin () securityfocus com), but no reply;
I tried the mailop list, but no reply; hence this request.
(Yeah, I could try NANOG but I thought this would pester a smaller
number of people.)

The symptom is that SF's mail servers connect, then immediately
hang up.  A lot.  I think they're trying to deliver confirmation
messages for list subscriptions (or possibly list traffic) but
nothing ever gets through.  And so there is wailing and gnashing
of teeth and a need for scotch.

---rsk