funsec mailing list archives

Way to make sure we can't do our jobs properly ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 17:58:04 -0700

We've always had problems getting management to pay attention.  We've always
had problems attracting (the right) people into our profession.

Now we have to worry about getting sued.  (Either ourselves, or the people who
get us the info we need ...)

http://www.scmagazine.com/fear-of-prosecution-hampers-security-
research/article/303476/

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
A European says, `I can't understand this, what's wrong with me?'
An American says, `I can't understand this, what's wrong with
      him?'                               - Terry Pratchett (author)
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade