funsec mailing list archives

Re: While we're all trying to fix politics, economics, etc.

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:02:17 -0500

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Charlie Derr <cderr () simons-rock edu> wrote:

On 02/05/2013 01:20 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 05 Feb 2013 12:49:44 -0500, Rich Kulawiec said:
I have a question.  Please to consider the following candidate password:

S.3-t=2ga+Zilg59CEkp4

I'm curious as to how y'all would classify that on a scale of weak-to-strong.

Aren't all passwords "insanely weak" for threat models that include keystroke loggers and spotting the post-it on the
monitor?
Yes, but RK specifically asked about rating the password. I assume it
meant against contemporary {wisdom|password best practices}.

Data sensitivity levels and context is important, and there is a
reason RK did not include it (he does not usually miss details) :)

Jeff