funsec mailing list archives

Read this book. It's free.

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 16:01:48 -0800

I have been reviewing security books for over twenty years now.  When I think of
how few are really worthwhile that gets depressing.

However, Ross Anderson is always worth reading.  And when Ross Anderson first
published "Security Engineering" I was delighted to be able to tell everyone that it
was a worthwhile read.  If you are, in any way, interested in, or working in, the
field of security, there is something there for you.  Probably an awful lot.

When Ross Anderson made the first edition available online, for free, and then
published the second edition, I was delighted to be able to tell everyone that they
should buy the second edition, but, if they didn't trust me, they should read the
first edition free, and then buy the second edition because it was even better.

http://victoria.tc.ca/int-grps/books/techrev/bkseceng.rvw

Now Ross has made the second edition available, online, for free:

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/book.html

Everyone should read it, if they haven't already done so.

(I am eagerly awaiting the third edition  :-)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty
                                                        - Mark Twain
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade